of the castle of Chevreaux probably dates back the years
at the same time as the appearance of
feudalism and the chatelaine seigneury in the Revermont region.
Its existence is confirmed by a text drafted by the monks
of the abbey of the Mirror in 1160.
Having become an independent seigneury in 1190, it passed from the
Coligny family to the Lords of Montluel in 1270, then
to the Vienna family. It received the title of barony
aeound the beginning of the XVIth century.